Thanks to technology, you can customize everything now, including medical cables. It may sound like a strange idea to some, but custom medical cables like custom power cables are heavily in demand due to the benefits they offer. They actually improve quality.
Medical cables are not like general cables used in homes and other industries. There are medical standards that these cables must meet to be used in a therapeutic environment. It is why you cannot opt for generic wires even if you find them suitable.
This article will talk about custom medical cables and why it may be a good idea to opt for customization. Moreover, we’ll answer all the questions you may have regarding custom medical cables:
Table of Contents
- Chapter1: medical cables—Custom Configurations for Medical Cables
- Chapter2: How to Get the Right Custom Medical Cable
- Chapter3: medical cables—What Can We Do to Prevent Redesigns?
- Chapter4: Understanding More About Custom Cables for Medical Devices
- Chapter5: medical cables—Why You Should Choose Custom Cables
- medical cables–Conclusion
Chapter1: medical cables—Custom Configurations for Medical Cables
Medical devices are getting more and more advanced and complicated. Devices, including connectors and cables, are required to meet the set standards. They should also be able to withstand sterilization and be biocompatible.
You can buy ready-made medical cables online and from physical stores. It may still be a good idea to consider custom medical cables made specifically for your project.
Medical cables are complicated and intricate. They require precision and care, and different medical equipment has different requirements. The right material also depends on where you intend to use the cable.
Chapter2: How to Get the Right Custom Medical Cable
The most important thing is to be aware of your requirements. Be sure about why you want a customer medical cable and what purpose you want it to serve.
The next step is to choose a reliable manufacturer. It is the most important factor because not all custom medical cable manufacturers offer the same level of service.
At Cloom Tech, we take great pride in our services and cater to all types of clients. When you work with us, you will have nothing to worry about. We offer reliable and high-quality products. Plus, we’ll also help you pick the right medical cable.
If you need a custom cable, write to us or give us a call. Our team of skilled experts will listen to your requirements and give you suggestions.
There is a lot that needs to be considered when working with a custom medical cable manufacturer.
medical cables–Here are a few factors to keep in mind:
This is very important because most buyers have a limited budget. You cannot afford to spend a fortune on medical cables. Hence it is crucial to choose a provider who is affordable and within your budget.
We cater to all kinds of buyers. Our rates are low, and there are no hidden charges.
Get in touch with us today to get a reliable quote.
Many people opt for custom medical cables simply because they are not satisfied with the quality available at the store. What’s the point of working with a company to get a custom cable if it cannot offer the condition you expect.
Work with a company that treats its customers right. You will get an idea about customer service after you speak to an agent.
Please pay attention to how professional they are, how long they take to respond to a query, and how well they are about the industry.
Stay away from a manufacturer who takes days to respond to a query or shows no interest.
This is important because you cannot afford to take risks. Even a small mistake can cause you heavy losses, including legal problems since standards are involved.
Choose a provider who is known to be reliable and produce quality results so that you have nothing to worry about.
This factor is vital because some companies can take weeks and months to deliver a product. That can be excruciating for a business. Work with a company that respects delivery and produces results within the provided timeline.
It can be quite challenging to pick a company if this is your first time ordering custom medical cables. Your best bet is to go online and check reviews and testimonials to know more about how good or bad a company is.
We suggest that you work with a manufacturer who has years of experience in the field so that you can be sure about the quality. If you are looking for a provider, then look no further.
We have been in the industry for years and can provide you with precisely what you need. Contact us today to start a conversation. Also, check our guide on what to consider when choosing cables.
Chapter3: medical cables—What Can We Do to Prevent Redesigns?
It is surprisingly common to bring changes to medical cables compared to the original design. It is one of the main reasons why some people opt for custom cables.
Though useful, redesigns can often add to the cost, so it is vital to prevent redesigns. The best way to avoid redesigns is to work with a reliable company. Choose the right materials so that there are no problems.
In addition to this, poor use is also a major reason for redesigns. We often use cables in environments or for purposes that are not suitable for them. For example, not all medical cables offer flexibility.
If a cable does not offer to bend or twist, it will malfunction sooner than later if you force it to bend or twist. Get a cable that is suitable for your purpose will reduce redesign requests and control increasing costs.
Chapter4: Understanding More About Custom Cables for Medical Devices
Product designers need to be transparent when it comes to communication. In addition to the requirements mentioned above, they need to be clear about the sterilization process. Moreover, please pay special attention to how you intend to use it. For example, if a cable will come into contact with the patient, it must be made using specific materials and design guidelines.
Here is some of the information you will have to provide the manufacturer to get the desired results:
• Reusable or Disposable? Disposable cables are more affordable to buy, as they are made using inexpensive materials such as PE and PVC. However, they may end up costing more in the long run since they require regular replacements. However, they do not typically require sterilization. On the other hand, reusable medical cables generally need to be sterilized. They are also more expensive to buy but may help you save money in the long run. The material is carefully selected to withstand sterilization cycles.
• Sterilization Process: Choose a jacket or insulation according to the sterilization process. Some of the most common material choices include TPE, Teflon, and silicone.
• Bio-compatibility: You need to choose FDA-grade biocompatible materials if the cable comes into direct contact with the patient. Your manufacturer will help you pick the right option.
• Exceptional Circumstances: Some buyers may have extraordinary abrasion and flexibility requirements. All such details, including special environmental conditions and color requirements, must be communicated.
We may also ask you about EMI requirements, impedance, voltage, size, flex cycles, operating temperature, flammability, and certifications.
Chapter5: medical cables—Why You Should Choose Custom Cables
Here are some reasons why you should choose custom cables:
• The wire keeps on breaking: If the cable keeps on breaking, then it may be a good idea to go for a custom cable. A custom cable will be made according to your requirements and will not easily break.
• Want more flexibility: It may be a good idea to go for custom cables if you need a flexible option. The cables available at the store may not offer high flexibility, and some may not even protect against chemicals.
Flexible cables are manufactured using a flexible jacket and insulation materials, and high strand count conductors. Such materials can be hard to find off the shelf.
• No suitable option: If you cannot find a ready-to-buy cable, you will have no choice but to choose a custom medical cable. This problem surprisingly happens more often than more.
Some common issues include requiring a different finish, such as a jacket finish. Issues related to the gauge wire can also lead to problems. Plus, some buyers need a cable made from specific materials and in particular colors.
It can be imperative because some laws require that cables used for specific purposes are of a particular color. In addition to this, some people also opt for custom cables because they need custom printing.
Do not make the mistake of not going for custom medical cables to save money. Doing so can cost you more in the long run. Get in touch with us today to know more about how we can help you.